‘Air is the Guru, Water the Father,
and the Earth is the Great Mother’
~Guru Nanak Dev Ji
ECOSIKH CANADA - UPDATE:
24,000+ TREES PLANTED SINCE 2019
270,000+ TREES PLANTED
366 GURU NANAK SACRED FORESTS PLANTED
EcoSikh Canada Inc. is an independent not-for-profit, charitable environmental organization operating across Canada. Our organization promotes and facilitates unification of the Canadian Sikh Community to work hand in hand with all Canadians in climate action.
We are proud environmental contributors that provide opportunities for the Canadian community to engage in educational, partnership and participation programs and events that align to Canada’s Climate Plan, 2 Billion Trees Partnership, 1 Trillion Trees Campaign (World Economic Forum), 1 Million Trees (Global Sikh Community) and Guru Nanak Sacred Forests projects.
As the official Sikh Community response to Climate Change, Sikhs across the globe are providing service (sewa) to humanity and creation.
Through strong partnership with all Canadians, educational activities and active service, EcoSikh Canada services to protect Canada, and the world, from incrementally detrimental effects of Climate Change.
2022 EVENTS - More to Come!!!
- Time is TBDLocation is TBDTime is TBDLocation is TBD
- Sun, Jun 12VaughanJun 12, 2022, 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.Vaughan, 10688 Islington Ave, Vaughan, ON L0J 1C0, CanadaJun 12, 2022, 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.Vaughan, 10688 Islington Ave, Vaughan, ON L0J 1C0, CanadaJoin us as we partner with our community's environmental faith groups from all backgrounds to show our world what it takes to solve the biggest risk to us as a humanity...we will be planting 300 trees as a group side by side to support climate action!
- Sat, Jun 11PickeringJun 11, 2022, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.Pickering, 2365 Concession Rd 6, Greenwood, ON L0H 1H0, Canada
- Sat, Jun 04BramptonJun 04, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.Brampton, 290 Conservation Dr, Brampton, ON L6Z, Canada
- Sat, May 28BramptonMay 28, 2022, 10:00 a.m.Brampton, 98 Gardenbrooke Trail, Brampton, ON L6P 3G9, Canada
- Sat, Apr 30BramptonApr 30, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.Brampton, Brampton, ON L6Y 2X4, CanadaApr 30, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.Brampton, Brampton, ON L6Y 2X4, CanadaJoin us at Vanier Park in Brampton for a Tree Planting of 200 trees and shrubs as part of a conservation effort in partnership with Credit Valley Conservation. Event is limited to 45 participants, please register online to reserve space. You will be contacted with pre-screening details prior.
- Sat, Apr 23Claireville Conservation (Brampton)Apr 23, 2022, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.Claireville Conservation (Brampton), 8180 Hwy 50, Brampton, ON L6T 0A6, Canada
- Mon, Mar 14https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WNMar 14, 2022, 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN
- Tree Planting for World Sikh Environment Day - City of Surrey, EcoSikh Canada & Sri Guru Singh SabhaMon, Mar 14Maple Green Park - Surry BCMar 14, 2022, 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. PDTMaple Green Park - Surry BC, 8959 150 St, Surrey, BC V3R 6X2, Canada
- Mon, Mar 14All of Canada & The World!Mar 14, 2022, 12:00 a.m. – 11:59 p.m. EDTAll of Canada & The World!
- Sun, Mar 13Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh SabhaMar 13, 2022, 6:30 p.m. – 7:40 p.m.Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha , 7280 Airport Rd, Mississauga, ON L4T 2H3, Canada
ECOSIKH CANADA ON THE FRONT LINES -
CLIMATE CHANGE & GLOBAL WARMING
Updates to our 2022 Calendar In Process...Stay Tuned!
"In a world of more than seven billion people, each of us is a drop in the bucket. But with enough drops, we can fill any bucket"
~ David Suzuki
COVID - 19 UPDATE
EcoSikh Canada wishes everyone a safe and healthy journey through this pandemic. We encourage our governments' direction to be followed and required social and physical distancing practices will be applied to our events and business accordingly.
As a result of recent spread in cases across Canada and regional lockdown orders, we have been limited in our group events as we align to regional and government directed operating procedures to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all participants and staff.
Regular updates will be provided on our site as we progress through the pandemic.
Our Board has worked hard during the pandemic to evolve in support of our mandate and taking on other initiatives to support our community and climate action:
Private Land Owner Planting Projects
Adopt A Seed Partnership Program
Residential Tree Planting Volunteers
Community, Park & Shoreline Clean Ups
Conservation Programs to Protect Endangered Species and Habitat - i.e. Monarch Butterflies through
Food Drives - Preparing and Serving Hot Meals for Those in Need
SERVING OUR COMMUNITY
WORLD SIKH ENVIRONMENT DAY
MARCH - 14 - 2022
JOIN OUR GLOBAL TEAMS IN CELEBRATING THIS EVENT - EVENTS COMING SOON...
WE MUST ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL...
EcoSikh has Initiated a Globally Recognized Environmental Awareness Day - Encouraging All Communities to Appreciate Our Planet and Take Action to Protect its Natural Beauty through Regional Sustainability Initiatives